Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
I could hit that note well into my 40's. Now I can hit the note under that. I made a tape back in the day doing the background parts to Love Child back in the day singing just 2 parts came out petty good. But as far as the voice changing there are many factors diet, as someone stated smoking and drinking alcohol and coffee can dry out the vocal chords and just plain old singing wrong can destroy your voice but a good vocal instructor can work you out and get most of that range back.
That's really interesting....

In my teens, I always liked to sing along with the records - sometimes in lead singer mode, sometimes background.

I was what I think is called 'counter tenor' ....but was sensitive about it, and began to feel I wasn't quite 'male' enough. Hang-ups, I guess...!

So, as the years passed, the music still played in my head, but I simply stopped singing....and my voice has lowered over time.

Only ever a very light smoker, and none in over 30 years.....and am virtually tee-total. But I would certainly take your point about coffee....especially of the strong sort...

What really needs the most work, I think, is my breathing. Even when I post on SD, it does sometimes seem as if I'm sat here, just holding my breath