Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
I agree, Waiting Watching. I always thought the Doris Day song was "cute" and just a bit better than the pop/title songs from her 60's romantic comedies. Spot on about it being a possible hit for Lesley Gore! It would have fit in perfectly on The Golden Hits Of Lesley Gore.

I can also hear the Supremes singing Doris Day's song, but it would not have fit on the WDOLG album, like I think the HDH song would have.
i think the concept album Tribute To The Girls was something that should have been completed. you already have songs like Sincerely, Mr Sandman, Around the World. plus some of the canned There's a Place For Us tracks like maybe People or I Am Woman, Boy from Ipanema. maybe Rock a bye would work since, although it's heavily associated with Al Jolson, it's also very well known with judy garland. not sure that Our Day Will Come would work on TTTG since Ruby and the Romantics was a female lead but male backup.

But you suggestion of them singing some Doris Day tunes is spot on. would have been amazing on that Tribute album.

here's some ideas for tracks on this missing album

Sincerely by the McGuire Sisters
Mr Sandman by the Chordettes
Around the world [[lots sang this one - the chordettes, brenda lee, mcquire sisters, connie francis)
I am woman by Barbra Streisand
Will you still love me tomorrow by the Shirelles
Que Sera Sera by Doris Day

I'll walk alone by Dinah Shore [[have mary lead this)
don't sit under the apple tree by the Andrews Sisters
Tammy by Debbie Reynolds
Boogie woogie bugle boy by the Andrews Sisters [[have Flo lead this one)
Maybe by the Chantels
Mr Lee by the Bobbettes