[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I appreciated reading your review, daviddesper! I agree that Dionne is very much a "it's-my-way-or-the-highway" type of person. I have seen and heard a lot over the years, that's confirmed as much. I think she can be pleasant and lovely when she wants to be, but has developed a hard-shell over the years, likely due to her experiences in the industry and during her life. I think you would have to be that kind of person, in order to survive over 60 years in the biz, especially during eras when you had to stand-up to the men you worked with, not to mention any sexism and racism that she would have encountered during the course of her life [she talks about this in the doc].

A friend of mine who passed away a couple of years ago, was also a huge Dionne fan. He had paid for a pre-show meet and greet with Dionne, sometime back in 2019. Apparently he and a group of fans were ushered into the venue, while she was doing soundcheck. Her management team had mistakenly not made her aware that there would be a meet and greet with fans. To put it nicely, she was not pleased and was quite vocal about it, but still took the time to greet the fans afterward and posed for the professional photos.

Also, having watched her on Celebrity Apprentice years ago, she did not leave the show in the best of terms, to say the least. As a fan, I was left a bit disappointed by her behaviour, but I later came to understand that not only is she a tough-cookie [to her own credit and advantage], but she is a woman who wears her heart on her sleeve. She keeps it real. I think she and Whitney were the same in that way, both being from not only the same family, but also having grown up in East Orange, NJ. They never forgot where they came from.
    Last edited by carlo; 01-03-2023 at 01:35 PM.