[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Jarvis View Post
    Yes well familiar with "I Found My Love In You" like most in the early 2000"s there was CD's after one another which was incredible at the time to hear all of these unissued and rare Motown songs. I do however prefer the raw and original acetates as well as the issued 45's throughout the 5T,6T's, & 7T's and keeping them as they were rather than different mixes. We all have different preferences and that's Ok.

I have always liked Tommy Good's music and it was a pleasure to finally get his CD and all of the unissued tracks. The "I Found My Love In You" [as you mention] personally I never found "I Found My Love" as one of his best. However I still love his music.
    Absolutely agree with you and where there were mixed versions [[DM's) of tracks in the vaults in either mono or stereo these were of course used unless the mixes were really poor. The only times our team mixed tracks were when no previous mixes were found or only mono's had been released - much the same attitude as all other reissue labels follow. But of course if there were never any mixes done or saved the there was no choice other than to mix them nowadays, better to have a modern mix than no mix at all.

Inciedentally on checking, the label obviously had a lot of faith in at least I've Gotta Get Away as they made over a dozen and a half mixes of the track
    Last edited by paul_nixon; 12-05-2022 at 11:33 AM.