[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think the possibility of DMF at MOTOWN 25 is strong. Even if Flo and Berry wanted nothing to do with each other, I'm sure Berry and Suzanne still wanted to project the idea of a big, happy family. To have a Supremes reunion without Flo [especially after all of the bad/sad publicity on her in the years before that] would have been the PR nightmare that happened to RTL.

Even though Eddie and David were integral parts of the group, the Tempts enjoyed much success without both. They could get by without inviting them to MOTOWN 25. But if Flo were alive, I can't see them ignoring her that way. If they really didn't want her involved, there probably just wouldn't have been a Supremes reunion.
    Even if Suzanne and Gordy wanted her and that would be a big IF since Gordy wanted nothing to do with her after her firing, do you think Flo would have agreed? If there’s one thing Flo wasn’t able to do was hide her feelings. She was true to herself and by her own admission she wasn’t going to dance to anyone’s tune unless she wanted to. I have a hard time believing Flo would put aside 16 years of bitterness, anger, hurt, and resentment for a TV special just because Suzanne and Gordy wanted her there to show the world the happy family of Motown. For all the hell that she went though in her post-Supremes years, Flo would have told Suzanne and Gordy to stick it where the sun don’t shine. Maybe Flo could have played hardball with Suzanne. After all, Suzanne would have never been at Motown had Florence not been fired. Granted this is all an “what if.” We don’t know the opportunities Flo was about to come into just shortly before her death and we don’t know if there would have been any reconciliation between herself and Gordy but judging by how Motown/Gordy treated Mary during this time period and how Mary fell on hard times post Supremes and Diana’s own rough relationship with Gordy in her departure I don’t believe there would have been any warmth or good feelings restored. All three Supremes would have been on the outs with Gordy.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 11-12-2022 at 02:41 PM.