Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Murphy [[Stoney) View Post
WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance,
I can't thank you enough for this amazing review! It is so obvious you've spent an in-depth amount of time on all nuances of the cds!! I so appreciate all your kind words......
I had lunch the other day with Deborah, Meat Loaf's wife, and gave her a copy of the reissue, [[which she'd never heard about.) I was shocked they hadn't contacted her about this momentous occurrence!! I feel that the company is losing a golden opportunity from not forging ahead with more publicity and sales on this incredible reissue!!! Ralph has been almost single-handedly championing this cause, and I so applaud him!!!!!!
You are so welcome Ms. [[I NEVER know the right terms to sound respectful, ha ha!) Murphy and I really meant every word. In fact, I was trying to keep from going on even longer! I mean, it literally took seconds, mere seconds, for me to love your voice, alone and with Meat Loaf. In general, once Motown's music hits the 70s, I don't get the same excitement from it as I do with the 60s material [[I know that's not really fair!) but this Stoney & Meat Loaf material actually has been like the feeling I had as a kid whenever I'd discover yet another Motown group; that rush of adrenaline and raw excitement where I wanted to hear EVERYTHING I could from that group. "Sunshine [[Where's Heaven)" and "Let Me Come Down Easy", Wow! Those hit me right in the chest. Listening to the solo material, with each song I kept thinking Brenda Holloway, Kim Weston, Lesley Gore, Kiki Dee, Chris Clark, the Four Seasons, Meat Loaf, Shaun Murphy - all of this amazing, mind-blowing talent that Motown just let go.

I know Ralph, Mr. Terrana, has been pretty much a one-man promotions department for this release and I too could never understand why this hasn't been seen as a major league opportunity for promotion. To me just those two seemingly contradictory names- Meat Loaf/Motown would practically create its own kind of publicity! I know it worked for me! Amazing that not even Meat Loaf's wife hadn't heard. But let's hope that this will be more of a grass roots thing where the awareness grows maybe slowly, but continuously and not just flare out quickly. I know with my big mouth I've been hyping this CD to everyone!

P.S. I'm looking forward to getting more of your post-Motown recordings right in the mix of all my favorite albums and CDs now! Still more new music to discover thanks to this CD!