Thanks for the info, Carlo! By chance, were you notified that your book had shipped? I'm curious because I ordered my copy on June 6th, and have gotten no communication from Vaughn or Gumroad since. If it's shipping within the US [isn't it coming from San Francisco?] then the trip to me in the Los Angeles area shouldn't take more than a day or two. It's frustrating to here there are a few things that were glossed over, but at least we have the Marc Taylor book to hopefully supplement what Gladys hasn't shared much about. [Man, it's been at least 10 years or more since I last read that book!] I guess we were sort of "spoiled" by DREAMGIRL because it was a really good book coming directly from a Motowner. Mary may have kept diaries [and maybe even undergone hypnosis to help fill in gaps], but it sounds as though people like Gladys Horton or Duke Fakir weren't exactly running back to their hotel room after each show to detail the day's events. I wish the opportunity had existed back while Gladys was still alive for someone to have reviewed her manuscript and said, "you need to dive a little deeper with the details about your time with The Marvelettes... talk with some Motown historians to help fill in some of your gaps." Alas, that didn't appear to have happened. No one expects to read specific details like how Gladys took a sip from a bottle of Vernor's Ginger Ale to moisten her mouth in between takes of recording "Too Many Fish In The Sea," but a little more recollection about what things were like around Hitsville for her, The Marvelettes, and their label-mates, which writers and/or producers she preferred working with, how she dealt with Wanda's personal issues that affected the group, whether she had any involvement with choosing her successor [Ann Bogan], etc., might have been nice.

Anyway, I'm hoping my copy arrives soon! Pairing it with Marc Taylor's book should help round things out!