Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
Are you thinking major movie or 30 minute documentary Jim lol.
Of the original Supremes, I think all three would be compelling, none more or less than the other.

Diana's "rags to riches" story has to be one of the best examples of how hard work, determination, and luck [[yup, I said it, again) can result when the perfect combo of life lines up. It's unfortunate that Diana telling it herself, or being heavily involved, would ruin it because she'd be more than likely to gloss over or completely skip the more salacious aspects of her life, which IMO actually enrich her story, not ruin it.

Flo's story, on the other hand, being a "rags to riches back to rags" type of tagline is also one of those perfect examples of how a person can get in their own way, about coping with mental illness and past trauma, how the entertainment business can be harsh and devoid of feeling and not for the faint of heart. Her story is also one that shows how hard work and determination pays off. By all accounts, Flo was determined to make it as a singer and she accomplished that with the Supremes. In the end, while some focus on her untimely death, the fact that she was determined to pull herself up out of the despair she ended up in, is also another great aspect of her story. Sure, she died in the end, but she was clawing her way back prior to.

Mary's story combines the two. The highest highs and the lowest lows. Not a single solo hit under her belt, but Mary was determined, Supremes or no Supremes, she was not going to be forgotten, she would always be relevant. Where her "background" counterparts, like various Vandellas and Marvelettes and Chiffons, etc, faded into "normal" lives, Mary continued to tour, record, and champion causes, some of which had nothing to do with music. And it is sad that the fact that she was a domestic abuse survivor isn't as highlighted as it should be. And to come back after the death of her son...that lady was a real survivor.

A movie based on the Supremes would make for good viewing if done right, but I think movies on each lady might be even better.