[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by homebody View Post
    So in the 1980's people wasn't complaining about "the current state of R&B" like we are today because people like Bobby Brown bad boy image led to R Kelly which led to todays oversexualized R&B.Why didn't any of the other nominations get booed I mean today people think 90's R&B ruined soul music especially the baby boomer generation who grew up with Motown and listened to soul in the 1970's so I am shocked that they only booed Whitney when Bobby was more hip hop influence.Maybe it was the younger generation that booed her though because older blacks born in the 40's to 60's didn't even like the modern R&B so I think it was the ones born in the early 70's that booed her meaning teenagers but Snoop Dogg had grammys and never got booed or even Mariah carey who looked white in 1990 but sang like a black woman and blacks embraced her and she did ballads not strickly R&B.didn't older people hate the R&B at the time in 1989 like they do today.
    In the 80's no we were not complaining and were still buying lots of music, albums etc. Today There is no state of R&B to complain about. It's as if people are going along but still waiting for good, solid music to return.

I don't think any prior music from previous decades ruined the quality of music that is out there today. I believe it goes deeper than that. The cutting of music education programs in many public school districts around the country can be blamed for this situation I believe. Kids are not taught to play instruments like they were in the past. I have said for several years now that there are no longer any great songs, because there are not many great songwriters around anymore. You have a generation that matured musically by not playing and creating their own original sounds......but from sampling and coming up with "hooks" rather than writing complete meaningful songs.
    Last edited by marv2; 09-28-2011 at 12:32 AM.