[REMOVE ADS]

Does Dee Dee beat Peggy March?

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  21.1 KBShe did a better job singing it, and the arrangement and instrumental are both much better. I don't really like that song all that much, but, Joe Renzetti, or jimmy Wisner, or Dave Appell, or whoever arranged Dee Dee's, did a much better job than the bland, more "poppish" hit version.

smark21 Guest
    OH I thought this thread was about Dee Dee Sharp beating up Peggy March.

Oh, no, th

Gee, what happened??? I tried to post--Oh, no, they're friends; have worked together

Nothing serious randy-thought youd be beating the drum! robb said it. They both have vg voices. Dee Dee's voice has such texture to it.

If someone made me listin to this song....it would have to be Dee Dees' version.1963 POP radio I would take Little Peggy March over the Singing Nun any day!!LOL

Oh no, luke, I know it wasn't serious! Dee Dee is an outrageous singer! Peggy March, however, IS a very
    good singer. She lives in Ft. Lauderdale so I've seen her a few times.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  21.1 KB
    It's more of a style and taste difference. Peggy was certainly an accomplished singer. She sang it the way her producer and arranger envisioned it. They are both "Pop" renditions, rather than Soul. But Dee Dee's is less "Poppish".

It's the same with liking The Ideals version of "Cathy's Clown" more than the original, by The Everly Brothers [[although I like that quite a bit, as well).

Petula Clark did the original.