Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
RanRan you summed up the point better than i could have expressed

In Taraborrelli's third biography he takes effort to explain that Diana's short temper at times is just that - short, she lets it out in sometimes a ferocious burst..then its over.and shes over it and dosent seem to hold a grudge. [[one shining example is her willingness to work with Mary on RTL after two not so pretty autobiographies from Wilson)

Tom Adrahtas's book on Ross is full of moments of Diana showing warmth and kindness to fans who follow her tour circuits, Ed Ifkovics witty,snappy tome on Diana also includes some touching moments of Diana when she is happy to and genuinely interested about the lives of Ed and Larry..but its a yin and yang - Ifkovic also includes a story of the night Diana berrated a security guard and grabbed him by his tie which left Diana fans saddened by what they had witnessed from her that night.

When I worked at EMI I heard from one label manager of Diana letting her temper get the best of her when a young lady delivered flowers for her backstage at a concert.

Diana's Diva moments are part of her lore - not the sum part of her but they are a part of who she is.
Mary wrote about Diana having these "moments" even in the early days. How she'd fly off the handle and then act as if nothing has happened. So the idea that her antics are the result of her stardom and success doesn't ring true. Yes, Diana, like the rest of us, is a complicated human being. Deniece Williams tells a story of Diana checking someone who disrespected Deniece. The lady isn't always a monster and she so very obviously has a warm and loving side. But it was disappointing to see responses to Jon's story turned around on him, even reduced to his privilege, rather than call Diana's behavior what it was: abhorrent. Especially after Reese pointed out the predicament an intern may have found himself in at that point, having once been one himself. I guess none of it matters when it's Diana Ross against the world. In this day in age where there is so much nastiness between people- most of it nonsensical- to see more nastiness- even that of decades ago- defended just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The entitled attitudes that some people have in this world only exist because of enablers who turn the other way or even defend that behavior.