Atlanta has a new coach who will be dealing with a roster that has more youth and inexperience than some are comfortable with. Training camp went really well but Falcons fans are antsy because Coach didn't play Matt Ryan, Calvin Ridley, Mike Davis {our starting runningback}, Corderelle Patterson {our backup RB}, Jake Matthews, Chris Lindstrom, Kaleb McGary {3/5ths of our offensive line}, Grady Jarrett, Deon Jones, Dante Fowler, A.J. Terrell and Foye Oluokun a single snap in the three preseason games.

With so much youth, he decided to use the games as a development opportunity and for the most part, it was brutal. With that being said, if our offensive line can somehow be meld into a top 20 unit {not too much to ask, IMO}, then the offense is going to be pretty good. I think that our new defensive coordinator is going to put our experienced players in position to make plays that Dan Quinn was unable to generate.

Most fans are cautiously optimistic, but I think we'll be happy if the team can just show progress by climbing out of the cellar and into contention. It's not going to help that we only have seven home games, with the eigth "home" game being in London.

My #2 team in South Beach is looking pretty good right now. Everybody's wondering if Tua's taking the leap and he had a very productive exhibition season. The defense looks better than it did last year, when it was very stout {until the last game}. I think the wide receiver corps is deeper than any in the league and if the offensive line keeps Tua upright, he's going to make a lot of people look foolish for writing him off prematurely.

All of the DeShaun Watson talk is untimely and ridiculous. In order to absorb $40+ million in salary, the Fins would have to release or trade several starters. And then, if we gave the Texans three first rounders and a couple of second rounders, we'd have no opportunity to replace them in upcoming drafts. It makes no logical sense and I think a bunch of reporters are chumming the waters with speculation when they all should know that the salary cap is prohibitive in most trades for star players.

And living in Columbus, where the most beloved team is the Browns {followed very closely by the Steelers, BTW}, fans are excited about the Browns chances but surprisingly quiet about it. They've been burned too many times over the past 50 years to get cocky about what should be a top 4 team in the league. They are a lot less quiet in Cleveland.

It should be an exciting season.