[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Interesting scenario....Didn't S/S say that Motown was offering all sorts of support and the opportunity to do their own writing. I'd like to know who said that. 1) I can't imagine Motown offering any support for another group of Sups. 2) I don't blame S/S to ban Pedro. 3) Did Mary want back in after the Farwell Concert? 4) Good time for M/S/S to leave for another label and call it quits w/Motown? But Mary still believed there was value in the Sups name.

Did Mary, Diana and Berry meet together to dissolve the Supremes?
    i have no idea if they formally met. obviously by fall of 77 Mary wasn't too cozy with Berry, given the lawsuits. it's possible that once they settled that and mary was working on the solo contract that she had some discussions on the matter. but that's just a guess

Interesting scenario....Didn't S/S say that Motown was offering all sorts of support and the opportunity to do their own writing. I'd like to know who said that.

I have an interview where Susaye says with Mary's departure, she and Scherrie were going to be given more creative control with the group. She states that she and Scherrie would be writing their own music, and they, "with a third girl", will be taking the Supremes in a new direction. They'll still have the sequins and the glamour, but it will be "the NEW Supremes". She goes on to further mention that it IS possible that if they start recording soon, it will be done with JUST Susaye and Scherrie, as a duo.

I of course am paraphrasing, but I do find it interesting that there was already talk that the end result would be more "Partners" than "Supremes 1978".

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i have no idea if they formally met. obviously by fall of 77 Mary wasn't too cozy with Berry, given the lawsuits. it's possible that once they settled that and mary was working on the solo contract that she had some discussions on the matter. but that's just a guess
    Thanks for the reply.