Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Luther's biography mentioned that he courted her. I have assumed that she was not interested because Luther's sound was too urban. She wanted pop hits and she probably correctly assumed that Luther couldn't give her pop hits. Luther himself wanted pop hits but they eluded him for most of his career. I would have settled for a duet -- their voices would have been great together.
Luther's biography was a good read..i loaned it to a friend and never got it back [[that always drives me crazy) the index at the end of the book listing his background vocal work left me stunned..I had no idea he had participated in so many iconic tracks..

Khansperac -i dont know about Dionne but Aretha clashed with Luther and at one point she walked out of a recording session..Luther was well known to be volatile..having nasty spats on tours with both En Vogue & Anita Baker [[who was very difficult herself)..
Diana could have found Luther's studio dominant and demanding style not to her taste..if they had done an album together it could have gone well....or very very badly