[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was impressed by her as well. Jean had it when Berry found her. To me, she possessed something in her voice that no Supreme other than Diana had.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I was impressed by her as well. Jean had it when Berry found her. To me, she possessed something in her voice that no Supreme other than Diana had.
    Totally agree. She lacked Diana's charisma and stage presence, but that voice was something else. It's such a pity she wasn't comfortable in the spotlight. She could and should have been a superstar in her own right. The only person that prevented that from happening was Jean herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Totally agree. She lacked Diana's charisma and stage presence, but that voice was something else. It's such a pity she wasn't comfortable in the spotlight. She could and should have been a superstar in her own right. The only person that prevented that from happening was Jean herself.
    agreed. IMO it was just her personality and what makes Jean, Jean. and this isn't meant as a put down. People described Diana as one of those little kids that just LOVED to show off and perform and sing and all in front of people. even if it was just 3 relatives sitting on the coach in the living room. she'd do a dance or sing something. Other kids and people are more reserved, getting embarrassed or shy when put in the spotlight like that

when Jean started, Ernie was the known entity within the group. the leader, even though Jean sang lead on the majority of the tunes. I've never seen their entire stage show so i don't know who really "lead" throughout with all of the talking and dialog and interacting with the audience.

I have a hunch that Jean is probably more like the rest of us. a more modest personality, a bit shy in the face of major adulation. The issue was she was replacing a woman who was SO the opposite of that. that contrast was probably the biggest problem the new Sups faced