[REMOVE ADS]

Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak, Silk Sonic - Leave the Door Open

Doesn't get much better than this!

Love this song so much. On repeat. Every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Atasteofhoney View Post
    Love this song so much. On repeat. Every day.
    Gets better each play! I'll explore the entire lp tonight.

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! Leave it to Bruno & al to give us something that reminds us of the REAL WAY IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!! And throw in Bootsy!!!

Is the entire LP out yet? I didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! Leave it to Bruno & al to give us something that reminds us of the REAL WAY IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!! And throw in Bootsy!!!

I don't know either, Moe, but I certainly hope so. This track is a killer!

I listened to this the other day. Sounds like it's right out of 1973! I'm sure it will be responsible for a few babies.

I will definitely buy the new album when it comes out.

They absolutely killed this on the Grammys. Definitely a nod to the old school r&b groups.

ps: Spotify has a playlist based on the single; I mistakenly thought it was an album. Soooo - fingers crossed!!

PeaceNHarmony,

I just saw an interview with Bruno & Anderson Paak. They both mentioned an album, but did not give a date for release. Look on YouTube for the interview.

I agree; they really did kill it on the Grammys last night. Can you imagine when [[that album is released) them on the Grammys next year? Can you say a possible runaway Grammy hit? With so much musical trash out there everyone I know who has heard the new song LOVES IT!!!!

PeaceNHarmony,

I just saw an interview with Bruno & Anderson Paak. They both mentioned an album, but did not give a date for release. Look on YouTube for the interview.

I agree; they really did kill it on the Grammys last night. Can you imagine when [[that album is released) them on the Grammys next year? Can you say a possible runaway Grammy hit? With so much musical trash out there everyone I know who has heard the new song LOVES IT!!!!
    May I correct you on one point; not "musical trash", but just trash!! Then have the gall to call it R&B/Soul!! Even a hybrid r&b! I digress, shouldn't insult real trash, though. My bad.

nativeNY63, I can appreciate & thanks for your comments!!!!

In the interview I saw Bruno gives credit to The Funks [[& yes, by name).

On the internet this morning there was a piece "Here's what the artists wore to the Grammys." My head started to spin......I kept saying: who?....next....who?

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Flo View Post
    They absolutely killed this on the Grammys. Definitely a nod to the old school r&b groups.
    I'll have to find that performance but I love this song

Great Grammy performance

As close to perfection as it gets. Both artists respect their predecessors and it shows. I hear something different everytime I listen to it. They had a good interview on The Breakfast Club where they laid out a lot of their creative and collaborative process. Bruno even talked about that young woman who accused him of cultural appropriation a few years ago and you could tell that the BS accusation stung him. I don't expect the rest of their album to be as good as this song but I certainly hope it offers something that modern artists can aspire to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Flo View Post
    Also, the 70s graphics/visuals, butterfly collars & poly suits & Bootsy-bobba classes [[he's listed on the upcoming album cover art).

Has anyone heard their new single "Skate" yet? If so, what do you think?

Has anyone heard their new single "Skate" yet? If so, what do you think?
    These young cats are on a roll. Real high energy music that I'll bet my folks down south
    are all over....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEw-7cMnBDY

Girlfriend just returned from Vegas Tuesday. They are appearing at MGM now. She was so very lucky to get tickets. She said they were fabulous!!!
    I think this song has a 70's feel.

Somehow I haven't heard "Leave the Door Open" until now.
    I think it is absolutely brilliant. Love it.

I can't believe you hadn't heard of it Martin!! It's been playing everywhere for aaaaages. Still, better late than never

The album is pretty excellent too, although only 8 tracks or so. Another favourite of mine is "Smokin' Out The Window"...

Last edited by TomatoTom123; 03-02-2023 at 06:32 PM.

Very good,Tom. Will have to find more time to listen to recent releases