I enjoyed the Reflections album when it was released. I liked that Side 1 was all Motown. Side 2 was a nice mix of Easy Listening Motown originals and Pop Hits.

The Pop-influenced sound of the Reflections album was definitely a contrast to the more typical Motown Sound of Sing HDH. Maybe that was the direction Motown thought the newly-renamed group should take. It seems that an additional single was planned about the time of the album's release: "What The World Needs Now Is Love" b/w "Your Kiss Of Fire". Two odd choices, imo.

If an easy-listening single was wanted maybe "Then" should have been the choice b/w "Love Makes Me Do Foolish Things". I think that might have helped sales. It might have given the album a few more weeks on the chart and helped it skip into the Top 10 for a nanosecond.

The biggest problem with this album were the "hits". "In And Out Of Love" was too Pop and bouncy without an edge. Hummable but no match to their earlier hits. "Forever Came Today", which I used to love, is just too dramatic to grab listeners other than the die-hard fans.

It's surprising that with the emergence of Aretha in 1967 into 1968 with 6+ soulful hits, that Motown would decide The Supremes [[Diana Ross) should stray from the driving Motown Sound into pure Pop! Thankfully songs more befitting the group were recorded for the Love Child album.