Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
I do believe Patti mentioned here diabetes during the [[half) evening. But, sir, I demur. Bad luck with Whoppi introducing? With Ashford & Simpson sitting directly in front of me? With Bette Midler in the audience? With Nona in [[excuse-me-please) Viking horns in her Afro? AND - the chance to hear mutha-shuckin' Labelle sing a capella? I regret you had to leave the next day, but ... with all the shenanigans it was an historic show! Simply to see Sarah spilling over her gown crouching while singing here verse of CISTY... was an EVENT! I was 3rd-4th row center front. You may have heard me involuntarily scream "I love you, Sarah!!" the second I saw her shadow emerge on stage. Giants walked the earth. And we got to witness a few.
Wasn't it a great night?

I had a first row seat, orchestra left. I had some great people in my section and a few of us bonded during the extended break, even taking the subway back into the Times Square area together after it was decided that the show would be postponed.

About the only problem I had was with the patron behind me who kept yelling "Sing, bitch!" whenever Patti hit a note he liked, and whose drink kept dripping on me.