[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    The audio is in sync when it's get to the part I point out above. Like I said, if you look at Mary, she gestures to Diana as if to say okay you got it. That doesn't strike me as someone who purposed it in her mind "I'm gonna steal the lead from Diana tonight".

As to whose to blame for the reunion fiasco, we'll just have to agree to disagree about that.
    i'm talking about at 5:27 in the video. Mary is visually singing an Ooooo but you're hearing Bye, Bye,Bye

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i'm talking about at 5:27 in the video. Mary is visually singing an Ooooo but you're hearing Bye, Bye,Bye
    Agreed, but I was referring to what happened at about 5:37.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Agreed, but I was referring to what happened at about 5:37.
    gotcha - and i had never noticed her motioning before. to be honest, i can't really say one way or the other. i don't want to just assume that she WOULDN'T toss the lead back over to diana. and i don't know at what point she usurped the lead. if mary was only singing a line or so while Diana was out, ok then that makes sense to "toss" it back. But if she had been singing for a couple minutes i'm not sure why she would. again, don't know and can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    gotcha - and i had never noticed her motioning before. to be honest, i can't really say one way or the other. i don't want to just assume that she WOULDN'T toss the lead back over to diana. and i don't know at what point she usurped the lead. if mary was only singing a line or so while Diana was out, ok then that makes sense to "toss" it back. But if she had been singing for a couple minutes i'm not sure why she would. again, don't know and can't tell.
    Looking at the tape, it seems as if Diana stops singing after the line "...I made a big mistake, honey. I said goodbye."

At that point is where I believe Diana may have forgotten the words and Mary jumped in. The other lines in the bridge "Ever since that day, all I want to do is cry," aren't heard at all and the next thing we see is DMC standing side by side, Diana introducing them, and Mary starting the final verse "I long for you, every night..."