I'm here after being away for years...to express my sincerest condolences to Marv's people. I owe him that at a minimum.

I enjoyed reading 96% of the posts about Marv....not only from the folks I've known and been close to over the past 18 years and probably share similar thoughts and opinions as they've expressed here....but especially the classy posts from those that I remember who have had a beef or two with Marv over the years....and basically chose to bury the hatchet.

I interacted with Marv [[it was only Marv2 because somehow his login got hosed for some reason) in dozens of threads over the years.....but I very rarely dipped into any discussions about the Supremes. To quote Plato and Socrates..."A man's gotta know his limitations." Sometimes I enjoyed the skirmishes....sometimes they irked me. But I got to know the players a bit better.

I missed it, but I'm curious as to the thread that broke Ralph's back and finally got him to separate the Supremes from the other Motown threads....or, as they say in boxing, if it was just and accumulation of blows. Either way, I'd bet dollars to donuts that Marv was in the mix.

I haven't posted here in years. Even forgot my PW. I've popped in every now and then, but then moved on.

Reading through this and the other thread, and seeing so many familiar names, reminded me of all the great, good, alright, and pissy times I've had on SDF....and the same [[GGAP) for the folks here....present company included.

Don't mean to exclude anyone, but I do miss yakking with Robb and Splanky. Others of you like Moe and Ralph, I see in other "venues". Hell, I was on the phone with an old member last night discussing the Soul Train Awards and the Nate Robinson KO.

I'm pretty sure I'll be posting again soon. Later peeps.

P.S.

MsM expressed her condolences also and is trying to recover her PW to get back in.