Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
I asked Deke Richards to come in and remix the entire Rodgers & Hart sessions. It was his first trip back to Motown in many years. I was with him the entire time and it was a total pleasure for me. We extended every fade as long as possible and brought up Mary and Flo whenever possible. I wanted the CD to start slow and have the tempo build. I don't remember specifically why "I Could Write A Book" was left off. It could have been we were out of room. CD's were shorter then. I also remember it was John Silva's least favorite as he thought it was too similar to "This Can't Be Love" and "Johnny One Note."
Ted LeMaster was an artist who loved Diana and The Supremes. He did that black and white portrait you often see in Mary's house [[the classic 3 faces together). He was also known for doing portraits of Marilyn Monroe, Bette Davis and Barbra Streisand. I asked him to do a new portrait for this collection. It was a huge piece of art. I thought it was going to be the entire cover. The art department didn't like it and used a tiny version surrounded by the artwork that you see.
This was an exciting time as we were finally getting material we never knew existed. Starting with the 25th Anniversary, The Rodgers and Hart Collection and then Never Before Released Masters.
i was thrilled to find this cd when it first came out. of course i already had 25th Anniv so had heard Blue and Manhat. and we all knew so many were cut. so getting them was so exciting.

Same with NBRM. bought that up the instant i found it. and it was heavy on Disney cuts so that was great to get most of that album too