I guess I'm not as much of a sports fan as I used to be because I have no idea when the Houston Astros and Milwaukee Brewers switched conferences, let alone why. The only constant that we can recognize in organized sports is the fact that nothing stays the same for very long. It's too bad the pro teams can hold the potential to move to another city over their fans' heads.

It's enough to make your nose bleed. Moving franchises have really kept up the pace that they've always had. I'm still trying to get used to saying "Los Angeles Chargers" and "Las Vegas Raiders". The NBA's Buffalo Braves moved to become the San Diego Clippers and they moved to LA a few years ago. The Kansas City Kings are now in Sacramento. The Oklahoma City Thunder were the Seattle Supersonics. And just when the [[former Charlotte) Hornets was easy for me to associate with New Orleans, the name of the team moved back to Charlotte to replace the awkwardly named Bobcats. I remember when the New Orleans Jazz moved to Salt Lake City to become the Utah Jazz. Do they even play jazz in Utah?

And although colleges don't move from city to city, there was a time when the Syracuse Orange and Boston College Eagles were in the Big East, not the ACC. Nebraska was in the Big 12, which was once the Big 8 but also the Southwest Conference. Now, Nebraska is in the Big Ten, which somehow has 14 teams [[I guess four of them are little). There actually a brief moment when the Big Ten had 12 teams and the Big 12 had 10 teams. You almost had to go to college to figure out what was going on. Oh, and the Pac 12 has 14 teams in it.