Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
I got mine today and am playing it at work. I honestly don't know what to make of that one infamous rant. I hear absolutely nothing wrong in the mastering or quality. I hear no problem with the stereo mixes. I had a feeling I may have understood where the complaint was coming from; I have bought albums and CDs where they had done that weird "electronically processed stereo" thing which was basically a flat, dry sound on one channel and a ghostly, otherworldly, echoey effect on the other. But now I've got my copy; I'm not hearing any gimmicky or underwhelming processing here, just good, clean mastering. Probably the best sounding of these compilations, actually.

The sound on the cuts repeated from the 1966 Unreleased set is arguably miles sharper here that on that CD release. The one and only complaint I have is that everything is SO damn good, I'll need to take a day off from work to devote myself to thoroughly enjoying this set.

I know there are people who are absolutely picky about sound, mastering and having authentic, unadulterated mixes. Audiophiles, I guess you call them. I play music. I mix music. I Live for music. I detest muddy-sounding mixes and tracks "spruced up" for today's ears. I ain't hearing ANY of that here anywhere. I bought one set. And now I'm going to buy another to keep in my work vehicle. I may buy 2 more. It's that good.

Music to my ears