Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
That's the song alright! Great to get to the bottom of this and thanks for tracking down the song and the correct groups name. Interesting to hear some history on the song also. The Creations had a song that I have on a WVON aircheck [[can't remember the name though). Didn't they change their name to the Brothers of Soul? You Can't help But Fall In Love has great production and the groups singing is tight. How did you and anyone else who followed this thread like the song?
Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  21.1 KB
No. The Brothers of Soul were Fred Bridges, Richard Knight, and Bobby Eaton [[all from Detroit). The Creations were Gerald Dickerson, Charles Boyd, and 2 other singers, all from Chicago. As I explained above, The Creations[[Chicago group), brought to Chicagoan, Ric Williams' Zodiac/Aquarius/Boo Records by Jo Armstead, along with Detroit producer/arranger, Mike Terry, and Detroit songwriters, Bridges, Knight & Eaton, were originally supposed to record "A Dream". But, for some reason, Bridges, Knight, & Eaton ended up doing the vocals, but the group name, The Creations was still used on the record. Bridges, Knight & Eaton [[who later became "The Brothers of Soul") had written the song, and as was their usual method, had sung the demo guide tape for the artists to use to learn it. Apparently, Armstead liked their demo enough to put that over the BG track and release it. Or, maybe The Creations couldn't make the session, and Armstead had them record, rather than waste the studio fee money?

The Creations releases were:

"Oh Baby"/"Plenty Of Love" [[Globe 1000)

"Just Remember Me"/"Times Are Changing" [[Globe 102) A Vietnam song-their biggest chart record

"I've Got To Find Her"/"Times Are Changing" [[Globe 103)

The "Creations" on Zodiac 105 was "A Dream"/"Footsteps"

Here's "Just Remember Me" - I'm sure you'll remember it!