[REMOVE ADS]

Your personal opinion-the one miracles song that should've been a single?

I love talking about the miracles,so many great songs so for me the one that should've been a [45]was the beautiful[my love for you]which is of course from the lp[make it happen]this love sonnet is almost ahead of it's time with it's sincere message that holds up even today,but that's just my choice,what's your's?

It's a good feeling

Would I Love You, a b-side should have been an a-side

From the Billy Griffin period I can thing of two that should have been singles. What Is A Heart Good For should have been the lead single off of Renaissance. You Are Love should have followed Do It Baby as a single.

Good question. "After You Put Back The Pieces [[I'll Still Have A Broken Heart)" from Make It Happen would've made a great single for Smokey Robinson & The Miracles [[and "I Think We Can Make It" from Lost And Found-Along Came Love should've been either a single or an LP cut).

"More, More, More of Your Love"

I promise I had made my choice before reading any of today’s threads on The Miracles.

Came to mind instantly WOULD I LOVE YOU, MORE MORE MORE OF YOUR LOVE and WE CAN MAKE IT WE CAN.
    I also think the 1970 version of GET READY was a serious single candidate.

'No Wonder Love's A Wonder' from One Dozen Roses. I thought this was the standout track on the album when released. Love the Tarplin led guitar riff and the spoken verses throughout the track from Smokey is a delight.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    'No Wonder Love's A Wonder' from One Dozen Roses. I thought this was the standout track on the album when released. Love the Tarplin led guitar riff and the spoken verses throughout the track from Smokey is a delight.
    Love this track

I thought 'Would I Love You'. I remember hearing it all those many years ago and thinking how lovely and delicate it was. I see others above have already nominated which is great. B side but really an A side.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1592512862842

Can You Love a Poor Boy

Not a single contender I think but a certain ab fab "If I Were A Bell" - this is excellent.

"No wonder loves a wonder" standout track from One Dozen Rose's.

Lol I just seen its already been mentioned a couple times. Great minds

"From Head To Toe"!!!

I remember one time when it played from shuffle my mum starting grooving along quite unexpectedly, having never heard it before and having told me she wasn’t a fan of Smokey!!!!

It's A Good Good Feeling

Quote Originally Posted by tjl View Post
    It's A Good Good Feeling
    There was a Chicago DJ back in the 80s who played It's A Good Feeling as if it were a single. Really surprised me that it wasn't just me who thought this was an obvious choice.

A Fork In The Road
    You Must Be Love
    I Love You Dear

"Oh Baby, Baby I Love You" would get my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by ranran79 View Post
    "oh baby, baby i love you" would get my vote.
    oh baby is actually a..b-side.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    oh baby is actually a..b-side.
    Yes it was, but it should've been an A side. I like it so much better than "La La".

IMO anything would have been better than "La La"...what was going on there?

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    "From Head To Toe"!!!

I remember one time when it played from shuffle my mum starting grooving along quite unexpectedly, having never heard it before and having told me she wasn’t a fan of Smokey!!!!
    I agree with this choice, a very commercial sounding song. I also would have liked Marvin & Tammi to have recorded it and released it as a single with a cheeky video.

I can't believe A Fork In The Road was not released as a single, at least as a b-side. I
    used to give relatives a whole new record collection simply by flipping over records some
    of them never did....

Show me you can dance......

"Fork in the road" was the b side of "Tracks of my tears"

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    I agree with this choice, a very commercial sounding song. I also would have liked Marvin & Tammi to have recorded it and released it as a single with a cheeky video.
    That’s a good idea rovereab

Just Losing You

https://youtu.be/tewlxeYy0mk

Such a beautiful song, this should have been a big hit, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by ranran79 View Post
    yes it was, but it should've been an a side. I like it so much better than "la la".
    i agree,la la was just something that should've been stuck on an album and left there.

Quote Originally Posted by tmd View Post
    https://youtu.be/tewlxeyy0mk

such a beautiful song, this should have been a big hit, love it.
    oh yeah,one of my favs,i don't think that any other group had as many great[b-sides]as the miracles.

It helps when you write your own stuff

Makes sense when you write your own stuff like Smokey, one of my all time written songs by Smokey is Still Waters, what a great song

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    It's a good feeling
    I agree wholeheartedly with this one!