[REMOVE ADS]

Expanded or Deluxe Motown Albums

Excluding the Supremes, Marvin Gaye, Teena Marie & Diana Ross, is there another classic Motown album that you would like to see get the deluxe or expanded treatment provided there is enough vaulted or alternate takes material?

Off the top of my head, I'd say Watchout by Martha & the Vandellas. We know there were lots of songs recorded by the group before & after this album's release that did not get used.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 07-14-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Any of the Gladys Knight and the Pips albums.

RossHolloway Guest
    All Stevie Wonder albums

Unlikely but I'll submit my personal preference

Shorty Long-Here Comes The Judge

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Unlikely but I'll submit my personal preference

Shorty Long-Here Comes The Judge
    How about just a Shorty Long Anthology?!

[[Detroit) Spinners 1st album

The Marvelettes Pink album, and Sophisticated Soul..Paulo xxx

puzzle people and psychedelic shack................the temptations

honest man Guest
    can i put Diana and M.arvin [duo] for seperate vocals to songs], Yvonne Fair the bitch is..... the 4 tops 2nd album,Edwin Starr 25 miles great thread by the way, cheers.

honest man Guest
    hello again, there is a spectrum shorty long anthology, great, cheers.

That's easy ... any by Thelma Houston, probably Ride to the Rainbow!

The Temptations With a Lot o Soul

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    How about just a Shorty Long Anthology?!
    Ditto on a remastered Shorty Long Anthology!

And how about a Junior Walker one while we're at it! A lot of Jr.'s '70s albums [[A Gassssss, Moody Jr., Peace and Understanding Is Hard To Find, etc.), are vinyl-only, except for certain songs that were featured on Nothing But Soul. How about a remastered rerelease of his 2-LP Anthology from 1975?!? I'd also love to see his two live LPs remastered and packaged together [['67 and '70).
    Last edited by vcq; 07-14-2011 at 08:47 PM.

RossHolloway Guest
    Every Little Bit Hurts - Expanded Edition

The first & second Syreeta albums!

Here's a couple of Motown LPs I'd like to see get the deluxe treatment;

1. "Dance Party"-Martha & the Vandellas
    2. "Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland"-The Supremes
    3. "Second Album"-Four Tops
    4. "Moods Of Marvin Gaye"-Marvin Gaye
    5. "With A Lot 'O Soul"-The Temptations
    Along with Stevie Wonder albums from "Music Of My Mind" through "Songs In The Key Of Life"

Syreeta's first two albums were combined on 2fer CD by Hip-O Select in 2004 [[and released just before her tragic death). There were no additional tracks from the vaults however, they did offer an extended version of "To Know You Is To Love You".

Anything from Jr Walker 70's albums would be nice...

Good choices all, but especially Jboy88, VCQ and Snakepit. I'd love to have the Original Spinners remastered. That Essental Spinners Set sounds terrible. I'd love to see Kent do a proper collection on the Spinners or an anthology with the mono and stereo masters of Original Spinners.
    The Temptations' With A Lot O Soul could be expanded; I'd also love having Stevie Wonder Presents Syreeta in an expanded form. Most likely, Shorty Long will get a set from Kent.
    I didn't include the Supremes because they are already getting expanded releases.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 07-15-2011 at 03:32 PM.

There needs to be a "Live" expanded Supremes covering The Copa, Talk Of The Town, and Farewell;
    THAT would be AMAZING!

"Get Ready" "Temptin Temptations" "Wish It Would Rain" & "In A Mellow Mood" by the Temptations & "What's Goin' On". lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mr soul View Post
    "Get Ready" "Temptin Temptations" "Wish It Would Rain" & "In A Mellow Mood" by the Temptations & "What's Goin' On". lol.
    Agreed, although with the exception of In a Mellow Mood. All Temptations albums deserve expanded editions, but I echo several comments about With a Lot of Soul. I think that is Motown's best 60's album by some distance. Really stands up as collection of songs and moods, and for me its the first sign that Motown had matured. This was no longer throwaway pop music [[not that it actually ever it was, but Motown itself viewed it as such- just to clarify my position!) This is an emotive, painful and beautiful work. The Temptations at the top of their game. Even Otis got a lead!!! I mean Wish it Would Rain has some AMAZING songs, but it just can't reach the heights of the previous album [[I don't count In A Mellow Mood as a real Temptations album, for me its like 'James Brown Sings Christmas Songs' LP.) Isn't With a Lot of Soul one of the only Motown 60's albums that ever gets on those best albums of all time lists that music mags like Rollin Stone does? Its a no brainer on that one.

Motown Eddie:
    I got the Syreeta two-fer and the individual Jap releases, just hoped for unreleased tracks.

Everything on SYREETA,and THELMA HOUSTON,
    Please stay positive