[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Moest Story

Moest Story

Know, this has been discussed, but I finally came across a copy of this CD over the weekend. Its not bad, as such. It just could have been so much better. Sound quality is OK, and some nice photographs Ive not seen before. It was an O.K. price at 11.99 and glad I bought it. Anyone else bought this yet? Paulo xxx

Sorry typo.. Shoild read Mowest Story CD

It's just OK and some of the notes are not correct.

paulo
    i would have bought it,but i dont think they've done a real job on it.i mean the mowest releases would fit on [[i'm guessing now!) 4 cds?why didnt they just put out the mowest discog complete?

i just felt i was getting half a story,they had a potentially good release here and messed up [[imo)
    there is some good stuff on ther tho' and fills in some spaces for completists

The CD is ok. It's short, and could have had more tracks on it, or alternatively, it will have been better value for money if it had been a 2 CD set.

Some of the UK releases we've had - such as a cellarful of motown - are substantially cheaper.

I would have really liked to have seen the CD bearing the Mowest logo. I don't know why the album cover from the Odyssey was used.

It's not one I'll be playing a lot - but it opens up with one of my favourite tracks - Frankie Valli + the Four Seasons "you're a song" - which failed to enter the charts after it's release.

where to buy?

As the Mowest label had fizzled out by 1973, most of the missing tracks would be included in the 1972 Complete Motown Singles collection if it was ever to be released. Has anyone heard if these final volumes will ever see the light of day. Hipo stated last year that they were waiting to get clearance on some tracks but this seems to be just an excuse.

Yeah, it does seem to be a bit of a lost cause to me. It could have been so much better. But hey, better than nothing. Glad I got it..Paulo xxx

Agree about the Mowest CD being a bit of a missed opportunity, but nevertheless many of the tracks I've not heard before. There are, too, some classics in there like the Thelma Houston and Frankie Valli [[The Night in particular, but who won't have that already?). Picked it up for £7 but probably would have held out longer if I'd had to pay more.

I read somewhere a long time ago, and made a note of it, [[Record Mirror?, Blues & Soul?) that MoWest 5024 was scheduled for Celebration "A House Is Not A Home" but no B-Side was scheduled, and the single was cancelled before release.
    I know this is unreliable, but it may be worthwhile looking at Celebration tapes & acetates to see if there is any concrete evidence.

I just purchased the CD. Waited because I already owned most the tracks on other CDs. However, I must say I really love "A Heart Is A House" by Nu Page. A nice breezy California type tune.

Missed opportunity maybe, but hey, if it sells well then maybe sometime down the line HW will revisit it [[as he did with Marvin's "Love Starved Heart" & "Motown Treasures") and we'll get the expanded version .......

Quote Originally Posted by blkfrost View Post
    I just purchased the CD. Waited because I already owned most the tracks on other CDs. However, I must say I really love "A Heart Is A House" by Nu Page. A nice breezy California type tune.

I thought the CD was just OK. I didn't hear any hits, so no wonder the label folded. I wonder why Willie Hutch's name wasn't put on Act Like A Shotgun? I hear him more than G.C Cameron. And The Nu Page's A Heart is a House would have been perfect for Diana Ross. Somebody was asleep at the wheel on that one.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 07-13-2011 at 12:06 PM.