"I like the idea Gordy had of the Supremes doing some of the older generation's girl group songs, like the few which got recorded such as "Sincerely" and "Mr. Sandman." I think that would have made a great album."

Kenneth, I concur with you. Hearing the Andrews Sisters/Supremes medley, I think it would have been terrific to have one side of the album present a half-dozen of the Andrews Sisters' big hits reinterpreted by The Supremes.

Likely candidates would be [[I'll Be With You In) Apple Blossom Time, Well All Right [[Tonight's The Night), Hold Tight, Joseph! Joseph!, South American Way, Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree [[With Anyone Else But Me), Beat Me Daddy Eight To The Bar, Rum & Coca Cola, Bei Mir Bist Du Schon and I Can Dream, Can't I.

It would be fun to hear them try some of The Boswell Sisters' songs as well, especially Crazy People, It's The Girl, Shout, Sister Shout, It's You and Put That Sun Back In The Sky. The tight timing and harmony on these would be a real challenge -- especially if they tried to do them in concert -- but I think they could have done at least one in a live setting, given the way they learned other demanding song and dance routines including the Thoroughly Modern medley and Rock-A-Bye Your Baby. The Andrews Sisters' songs would have been easier for them to do in concert, perhaps as a medley.