[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    TOUCH is my all time fav Supremes LP [[hate Time and Love...by anyone other than Laura Nyro...and its rare that I like her singing) I pounced on all these CDS the moment they came out....some of the DRATS ones were getting hard to find, and I figured smartly the 70's LP CD's would be a much smaller distribution. I think Touch is only on the Cassette version of GHARC....the tracks and mixes vary from the CD/Cassette issue
    It is my favorite as well from the Jean Terrell years. A very cohesive, interesting album. They were obviously reaching out more into the rock world, having Elton John pen the liner notes. It was also the first Supremes album to be reviewed by Rolling Stone, and they gave it an excellent write up.

I didn't always find Jean's voice to be that expressive, though she had an excellent voice. Though on tracks like "Here Comes the Sunshine," "Love It Came to Me This Time," and "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye," she really showed that she could emote vocally when she wanted to.

My all time favorite Jean led track, however, is still "5:30 Plane."
    Last edited by kenneth; 10-16-2019 at 05:36 PM.