Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
And leave it you Gary to be the one that's familiar with this Dionne song! And that's one of the ones that slipped by me in real time , I only found out about it when I at last sought out the earliest disco songs in earnest . Too bad that song didn't have a longer version , say on the album [[ too soon for disco 12" remixes) ....might've gone #1!

Four years after Babs and Donna took NO MORE TEARS to #1 for four weeks , Dionne charted to #15 with :

Thank you, Jim. I remember asking you what songs you discovered when you decided to delve into the early disco years. If I had known you were discovering this kind of stuff, I would have been extra excited for you! I also love "Keeping My Head Above Water" and "Do You Believe In Love At First Sight" from Dionne's "Love At First Sight" LP/CD. Polly Brown did an equally good version of the latter as well.

Oh God, Jim, I hope you're merely testing my reaction to "Got A Date". As much as I love both Dionne AND Luther, I hate "Got A Date". Dionne didn't like that thing, either! What a disappointment that album was. The only tracks I love are "So Amazing", "How Many Times Can We Say Goodbye", and "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow". I hope I didn't just destroy one of your favorites, but I had to be honest with you.