Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
It took some years for this to grow on me, but I think it's an underrated performance by Diana. I love these kinds of dramatic songs and Diana was one of the best at it. I know it's not a fan favorite but it's one of mine. Anyone else dig it?

Not especially. Her vocal performance was outstanding, but it should have remained an album cut and not a single. The album was a major disappointment and there were no obvious follow up hits to the title track. Here in the UK we got Love Me which was very nice and a minor hit, but i would have gone for No-ones gonna be a fool forever. Having said that this album should have been canned. It was rush released when there were other potential hits from the Touch me in the morning that got bypassed, and of course there was also the Diana and Marvin album. Far too much product in too short a space of time which was all the more frustrating considering how long we had to wait for the next studio album. I know Diana was busy having babies during this period, but these releases should have been better spaced out.