[REMOVE ADS]

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 1523
    It is hard to believe sometimes that she is gone. She did leave us with some great music like this one:

Hey Jerry look what I found!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Hey Jerry look what I found!

It played in my car today. Of course I had to turn it up a couple [[few) notches. Great song. Curiously, it was the only Instant Funk record that played in my town.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    It played in my car today. Of course I had to turn it up a couple [[few) notches. Great song. Curiously, it was the only Instant Funk record that played in my town.
    I think this is the only song of theirs I remember. I had just start college in Denver and their only black station, KDKO use to play it. That's where I first heard it. The video is totally new to me. The song came out before MTV, so there really was not an outlet on TV for promo videos yet.

Just be true-gene chandler.

One of the most popular songs from my high school days:

Ebb tide-roy hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Ebb tide-roy hamilton
    Excellent choice! I also love his version of "Don't Let Go"

From the Winter of 1969-70......The Originals "Baby I'm For Real". Seems like they played this every night on the radio back then:

The Dramatics debut this jam on local Detroit television in October of 1977 "Shake It Well"

Love's theme-barry white.

This woman was part of my soundtrack in the 80s and 90s and I am thankful:

Trouble's a comin-the chi-lites

Trouble's a comin-the chi-lites

Belated Happy Birthday, Marv! Hope it was a good one!

This is my favorite Chi-Lites song:

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Belated Happy Birthday, Marv! Hope it was a good one!
    Thank you Philles/Motown Gary but it is in September. Thanks anyway.

I'm on the outside-little anthony and the imperials

Thank you Philles/Motown Gary but it is in September. Thanks anyway.
    Oops! Must have been reading an older post, thinking it was current. [[Those pesky senior moments!) Well, I still hope you had a good one!

This is my favorite Chi-Lites song:
    Wow, Jerry, that's beautiful! I had never heard that before.

Believe it or not, it's the B side of Have You Seen Her. Those two songs make that single better than a third of the albums I own. The lyrics are very relevant to the way I approach the world and always have. Hmm... I wonder what would qualify as the best B side to a single?

Believe it or not, it's the B side of Have You Seen Her. Those two songs make that single better than a third of the albums I own. The lyrics are very relevant to the way I approach the world and always have. Hmm... I wonder what would qualify as the best B side to a single?
    Relegated to a B-side! That's really surprising, Jerry. It should have been saved for an A-side single. In fact, if I had heard this record on the radio back in 1971, I would have sworn it was a new Motown group, especially with its rich melody and Paul Riser-esque string arrangement. And, I agree, I, too, like the lyrics. They relay a positive message.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    believe it or not, it's the b side of have you seen her. Those two songs make that single better than a third of the albums i own. The lyrics are very relevant to the way i approach the world and always have. Hmm... I wonder what would qualify as the best b side to a single?
    jerry,this is why i love this site as we always discuss music big and small with intelligence,i recently visited a site and mentioned[b-sides]and the response was not favorable,i visit other sites from time to time but none come close to[sdf].

Contrary to what some people believe, James Brown was a pretty good singer:

The Wicked One.......

Mr. Joe Tex

contrary to what some people believe, james brown was a pretty good singer:

damn right he was!!

jerry,this is why i love this site as we always discuss music big and small with intelligence,i recently visited a site and mentioned[b-sides]and the response was not favorable,i visit other sites from time to time but none come close to[sdf].
    I love SDF. I find real people in a virtual world when I come here and I'm always in awe for the experiences of so many members. We don't have as many fights as we used to [[thank God for that, Ralph didn't need that crap) but when we did, it was like when drunken family members got into it at picnics back in the day.

Jerry,you wouldn't believe the policing that goes on at some-so called music sites,you'd think it was nazi germany..this place is-music utopia as far as i'm concerned..ralph and s d f..forever!!

Crazy little mama-the el dorados

Something i wanna tell you-johnny and the expressions

Remember this one by the O'Jays?

and of course this one here....... from 1979.

For the good times-al green..when can i see you again-jerry butler..it may be winter outside-love unlimited..what now-gene chandler..fatboy-billy stewart..had it not been for you-the whispers..welcome home-walter jackson..young lover-the impressions..lucille-the drifters..it's over-nancy wilson..i don't want to cry-chuck jackson..paradise-the temptations..give it away-the chi-lites..try me-james brown.

It hurt me too-the madlads-a tearjerking soulful gem.

Thinking about her and listening to her beautiful today, my Birthday!

Thinking about her and listening to her beautiful today, my Birthday!

Hey, Happy Birthday, Marv!

Hey, Happy Birthday, Marv!
    Thank you Gary! This thread was started exactly 3 years ago today. We've had a lot of fun and shared a LOT of great music with one another here.

Thank you Gary! This thread was started exactly 3 years ago today. We've had a lot of fun and shared a LOT of great music with one another here.
    Yes, we have, Marv! And we'll be enjoying many, many more!

Yes, we have, Marv! And we'll be enjoying many, many more!

I know that's right! As they say, let the music play on and on and on!

I know that's right! As they say, let the music play on and on and on!
    I was thinking of the exact same song before you said it, Barry White!

Memories of my Jr. High School Prom and the Summer of 1974. Thanks Russell!

Underrated song by the O'Jays. I loved this from the giddyup.

Apologies if this has already popped up here. Shame on all of us if it hasn't.

And of course, the Moments became Ray, Goodman & Brown. This blew up back in the day.

And this one on the same album:

Here's the third song on their second album that I used to love.

We've had Enchantment songs on this thread but this song was one of the ones that broke them out.

Marv, forgive me if I'm doubling up some of these. But this song...

People that I know were so blown away by this album and especially by this song.