Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
What a wonderful idea. I certainly didn't "know" Sandra Tilley, but I did meet her once. It was way back in 1971 when she, Martha and Lois were touring the UK opening for Stevie Wonder. I met them all as they came out of the theatre long after Stevie had been whisked away in his limo. She appeared first out of the front entrance, walking towards the coach that was to carry them and the musicians onto the next venue, or a hotel I guess. She was all alone, and was met by one or two fans, including me. She was clearly tired, but smiling and very sweet. She was very petite and delicate, and so beautiful! I was totally charmed by her. I can't recall a word she said, but she did autograph my copy of Natural Resources, as subsequently did Lois and Martha. a treasured possession to this day.
I never met her but I have learned about her through Lois. I can put you in touch with Lois who loved Sandy dearly and they stayed in touch. I can also put you in touch with Scherrie Payne who was friends with Lois. Send me a private message.