[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think when you're young and your brain is still a sponge and literally everything seems fresh and stimulating , included within that hunger is the absorption of music . Music is sort of an emotion driven mathematical brain exercise.
    And especially during these developmental years, music indeed supplies the soundtrack to our lives. Those romantic songs that align with first loves, concerts attended with a group of buds, the music that blasted while driving around in our first car, the meaningful songs that first awakened something inside our soul.
    Then we're on into our thirties and a lot of the exploratory experiences have given way to responsibilities like career , marriage, kids.

Music was huge in my life , couldn't get enough of it and in a broad spectrum. But actually by thirty , I'd had my fill, ... hmmm, maybe I'd even OD'd. lol!

I didn't live in a vacuum thereafter though, and certain performers and hits caught my imagination , but nothing to the degree of the earlier years . I didn't resist , I was just less impressed.

And, when I think about it , if a massive computer glitche somehow wiped out all the world's music from post 1990, when I turned 35, never to be heard again ... I'd be just fine.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 06-04-2019 at 11:59 PM.