[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    That's a tough one because there are literally at least a couple layers of vocals going on there. The Andantes are in full force for certain, but there are definitely more than just 2 or three other voices. It's just that the mix doesn't really reveal all of what's going on. I did a thing with a guitar effects compression pedal where I dubbed that song with tons of compression. You can hear the backing vocals a bit more clearly and at the end of the song, you can really hear there are a couple layers of vocals each singing overlapping lines. It sounds like the Tops [[and/or Originals) and Andantes repeating the "Can't seem to get you out of my mind..get you out of my mind/get you out of my mind" while another layer of consisting of the Andantes are doing a mass font of "ahhhh"s using the same melody line as the the sung vocals.
    Yes, there is a definitely multiple layers of vocals. I noticed that nearly every Ashford & Simpson production they sang background vocals on. They did it with the Supremes, Vandellas, Diana Ross, Marvin & Tammi, etc. It would make total sense they'd do it on this one. I just gave the song a listen again...it does sound like the Tops are on there [[maybe), but I don't think that's the Andantes, but rather Nick & Val singing the higher parts. They also sound like the ones singing "Get you out of my mind / Get you out of my mind" at the end.

Give a listen to another Ashford & Simpson production on the Four Tops "Don't You Think You Owe Me Something." I don't hear the Tops on it. Sounds like the Andantes / Nick & Val.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 05-13-2019 at 12:44 AM.