Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
Honestly, RanRan, I usually don't have to post because you say all the things I want to say anyway. But sometimes I do because, well, I wanna.
In this case, I have to say The Supremes Sing Motown album cover isn't a favorite. To me, it looks more like a photo for a magazine article. I really like the
Sing HDH cover, although you are right that the photo is from 1965, not 1967. Still, it's an iconic image and I love the attitudes of all three in it.
I don't know if you're familiar with the cover of the UK TamlaMotown album Diana Ross & The Supremes 20 Golden Greats [[with the three red lips and golden microphones). I forgot to list that one as one of my favorite all-time album covers. I had it framed and it hangs on one of my walls.
That's cool Lucky. Actually there's a better shot from this session that appears in Mary's first book. I like that one most, but for me the cover of Sing Motown is fantastic. I looked up the cover to 20 Golden Greats. It's interesting and creative but I prefer covers that actually show the faces of the ladies. They were too gorgeous and sexy to replace with lips and mics.