[REMOVE ADS]

Tyrese Gibson to star as R&B singer Teddy Pendergrass in biopic

I am happy a film about Teddy Pendergrass is being made. I do not agree with this casting.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I am happy a film about Teddy Pendergrass is being made. I do not agree with this casting.
    Johnny Gill maybe?
    I wish Idris Elba could sing; I'm just saying...lol

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    Johnny Gill maybe?
    I wish Idris Elba could sing; I'm just saying...lol
    BAM! There you go! Idris Elba was the first person that came to mind when I thought about them making this movie. They could just dub is voice with either Teddy's or another sound a like singer's voice. You said it right.

Tyrese talked about it years ago on Teddy's Unsung. Guess they're going for it now. Queen done got everyone doing rock biopics!

Jaheim sounds more like TP than Tyrese...

Yeah, this casting is as wrong as shorts in a blizzard. Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Yeah, this casting is as wrong as shorts in a blizzard. Hard pass.
    LOL!!! No lies here.

Teddy gave Tyrese his blessings before he passed. If it’s alright with him, it’s alright with me.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Teddy gave Tyrese his blessings before he passed. If it’s alright with him, it’s alright with me.
    I certainly understand that, but it still aint alright with me. Aretha was once willing to give Halle Berry her blessing to star as the Queen in a biopic. And Jackie Robinson once played himself in the Jackie Robinson Story and stunk the movie up...playing himself! I think Tyrese is a very good actor [[I prefer his acting to his singing to be honest) but I just don't see him pulling off Teddy P. Nysister's suggestion of Idris Elba is an excellent choice. But I'll watch it anyway. Lol

Oh well,while i don't see tyrese as teddy p,i don't see idris as him either.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Oh well,while i don't see tyrese as teddy p,i don't see idris as him either.
    JAI, it would preferrable if they found a good, unknown actor and dub in the singing parts in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by alexstassi View Post
    Jaheim sounds more like TP than Tyrese...
    Sidenote: TP was once asked what did he think of Jahiem? TP: " I'm not impressed".