[REMOVE ADS]

If You're Not Gonna Treat Me Right

Always loved this. Now just discovered this live performance.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-nscg7L-ak

Wow, the album cut is smooth & cool but this is so hot [[and I'm gay!). Ms Ross is so relaxed & natural here and sings with unexpected soul and sass. Why this wasn't a huge hit I'll never know. I've been a fan since the 60's but this is one of her best ever. To quote Shorty Long: "Just Ain't No Justice".

One of the best songs on that great album. Too bad it didn't do better.

"Love Me Right", not "Treat Me Right".

But small typo aside, it's easily in my top five of favorite Diana songs ever.

Great song and great performance; thanks for finding. The voice, right?? And goodness the lady is gorgeous.

Wow, what a fantastic performance of this great song. Diana is really living the song with her voice and her body.

This should have been a successful single at the time. I wonder if it was released in the UK as a single?

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    Wow, what a fantastic performance of this great song. Diana is really living the song with her voice and her body.

This should have been a successful single at the time. I wonder if it was released in the UK as a single?
    I don't think it was. Could've been a hit over there though. I think Gone was [[didn't she film the video to Gone in London?).

YAS, I love this song, especially when it gets going towards the end.

It gets going towards the end ???

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post

No it wasn't but perhaps it should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    It gets going towards the end ???
    Yes Boogie honestly

Just before the 3 minute mark... is that a key change? I don't know but I like it

Great performance Go Diana!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Yes Boogie honestly

Just before the 3 minute mark... is that a key change? I don't know but I like it
    Yes, you are hearing a key change [[modulation). The song is moving from the key of C to the key of D.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Yes, you are hearing a key change [[modulation). The song is moving from the key of C to the key of D.
    Thanks jobu!

I love how the guitar riff remained the same since it was in D the whole time.

great song,album. i was hoping one of these more recent songs would get a remix like the last 2 that became hits.
    Not Over You Yet never even got a US release?wtf? Sugarfree charted at #61 at some point. but so many great songs that were overlooked
    Last edited by daviddh; 01-19-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    great song,album. i was hoping one of these more recent songs would get a remix like th elast 2 that became hits
    There were some nice mixes of this on the US cd single that didn't veer too far away from the original. A updated mix would indeed be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I love how the guitar riff remained the same since it was in D the whole time.
    Hey, midnightman, I just needed clarification in your comment. Are you saying that the whole song is in D? Or did you just mean that the guitar riff [[the pattern of the guitar) is the same for the whole song? I agree with the riff part, but respectfully disagree that the whole song in in the key of D. From my music background and attention to detail in what I listen to, this definitely begins in the key of C and modulates to the key of D.

Please don't interpret my pointing this out as a means of disrespecting you. It's the musical nerd coming out in me that just wants clarification. It's all good!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    There were some nice mixes of this on the US cd single that didn't veer too far away from the original. A updated mix would indeed be nice.
    Hopefully we get those 90s expanded editions this year with all these remixs

Would have been better without the drum machine.

wish she add this back in to the show

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Hey, midnightman, I just needed clarification in your comment. Are you saying that the whole song is in D? Or did you just mean that the guitar riff [[the pattern of the guitar) is the same for the whole song? I agree with the riff part, but respectfully disagree that the whole song in in the key of D. From my music background and attention to detail in what I listen to, this definitely begins in the key of C and modulates to the key of D.

Please don't interpret my pointing this out as a means of disrespecting you. It's the musical nerd coming out in me that just wants clarification. It's all good!
    Just the guitar riff.