[REMOVE ADS]

Back in the Detroit family

Not that I ever left, I just wasn't 'in-in'. I've been keeping up with everyone and watching and listening. I have now re-joined you wonderful people and don't know why I was so shy. However, I'm here, alive and well.

Lorraine Chandler
    Last edited by lorraineC; 05-15-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Lorraine,
    So very nice to see you with us. It has been way too many years since I last saw you. Welcome.

Oh my, those Northern Soul guys are gonna freak...lol.....great to have you here....welcome back home......

Hi Lorraine.

Thank you. The site is wonderful. Jack Ashford has always referred it to me. I've seen comments made by Ray Monette and I haven't seen him in ages. Wow! I have no excuse of why I waited so long to join and participate.

Lorraine

Thank you, but I never left home. Those Northern Soul folks are my family away from home. Detroit is blood. Northern Soul is substance. Without them, I wouldn't be on this site talking with you now. They rejuvenated the music in me. I owe them a great deal of gratitude. Whenever they call upon me, I'm there.

Lorraine

Hi Marv2.

I'm a Junior member. It's good to be anything 'junior' again! Think I'll stay this way! Have a good one.

Lorraine Chandler

Hi Lorraine-great you are here. And thanks to Ralph it's a nice place to be!
    Last edited by luke; 05-17-2011 at 09:26 PM. Reason: spelling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramone Verona Guest
    Sounds like there's a need for some traps.

Luke,
    I'm just as happy as anyone to have Lorraine join us. We go back to the Tera Shirma days, and that was quite a while ago.

Let's keep the 'quite a while ago' stuff to a minimum and focus on now. You all make me sound really, really old! All kidding aside, thanks for the very warm welcome and I have to give a holler out to Ray Monette. Make yourself known. [[listen to me)

Lorraine

I'm grateful we are able to focus on the now, Lorraine. I think I have a few years on you, so I'm not going to push it.

Hi lorraine,

good to see you here!! What great times we had back in the day. Hope all is well with you and yours.
    I'm making myself known,and....i'm listening.

Ray

Oh goodie,

Your the senior and I'm the junior! We must have lunch one day just to catch up. No rush. I would just love to meet up with the guys again, Ralph and any other members.

Ramone-are a comedian?

I'm in California, Lorraine, but the next time I come to Detroit, we have a date.

A superb voice - I'm surprised you didn't record more. Were you just too busy writing?...
    Name:  Giant 703.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  19.2 KB

I hope Mel sees this........welcome Ms. Chandler!

Did everybody leave me? Ok, it sounds good to me.

Lorraine

Who's Mel, Moe? Thanks for the welcome.

Lorraine

Coolcat, you are correct. I started getting into everybody else's voices. Wanted to produce.

Lorraine

Mel is our friend from overseas who, I KNOW, is a fan of yours!!

Mel is my wingman.

Lorraine - Do you recall a record by The Smith Brothers from 1976 titled 'Let Me Take Care of Your Heart'?

You and Jack produced it - you co-wrote it with G W Rountreee and Jack. It's fab.

I just wondered if can tell me anything about the group - who they were etc.

Danny Dallas was the engineer.

It came out on a label called Shield. Here it is on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRL8p...eature=related

Cheers, Graham
    Last edited by acooolcat; 05-19-2011 at 04:41 AM. Reason: YouTube link added

Quote Originally Posted by acooolcat View Post
    Lorraine - Do you recall a record by The Smith Brothers from 1976 titled 'Let Me Take Care of Your Heart'?

You and Jack produced it - you co-wrote it with G W Rountreee and Jack. It's fab.

I just wondered if can tell me anything about the group - who they were etc.

Danny Dallas was the engineer.

It came out on a label called Shield. Here it is on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRL8p...eature=related

Cheers, Graham
    Yep Graham, I do remember it.

Local group. Incredible harmony and can sing anything. The group is also known as the 11th Commandment [[There Can Be a Better Way, Payback's a Drag). They still sing [[mostly in gospel shows).

Lorraine

Thanks, Lorraine

I know there were/are other groups with this name: Did this one you were involved with cut any more records?

I am guessing they are from Detroit - Can you recall their names?

BTW - I once left an RCA label copy of your record for you and we spoke when I was at Joe Hunter's house many years ago.

Thanks again, Graham

Hi Lorraine
    I am a big fan of all your material and have most of the excellent pied piper material hrom your fine self and Mr Jack Ashford
    I saw you appear live with Mr Eddie Parker at a all nighter and have a nice framed print of you on my wall alongside various info and 45s etc from your early years
    I shall return with some pics later
    its so good to be able to speak to one of my fave detroit artists
    thank you for your time
    I cant hold on and I certainly wont change
    mel
    ps
    thanks mo and ralph

pps
    please pass on my best wishes to Ray Monette
    thank you
    mel

Last edited by tamla617; 05-28-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acooolcat View Post
    Thanks, Lorraine

I know there were/are other groups with this name: Did this one you were involved with cut any more records?

I am guessing they are from Detroit - Can you recall their names?

BTW - I once left an RCA label copy of your record for you and we spoke when I was at Joe Hunter's house many years ago.

Thanks again, Graham
    Graham,

Just wanted to let you I haven't forgotten you. I'm missing one name and don't want to leave anyone out. They are a local group. I cut them on my label, RJ Records, Move It, Groove It b/w Dance With Me. I will get back to you with all their names.

Lorraine

OK, I got the names and editing them to above. Asheba, Iregi, Ajene and Leon. Absolutely wonderful harmony and they put on terrific shows.

Lorraine
    Last edited by lorraineC; 05-31-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    Hi Lorraine
    I am a big fan of all your material and have most of the excellent pied piper material hrom your fine self and Mr Jack Ashford
    I saw you appear live with Mr Eddie Parker at a all nighter and have a nice framed print of you on my wall alongside various info and 45s etc from your early years
    I shall return with some pics later
    its so good to be able to speak to one of my fave detroit artists
    thank you for your time
    I cant hold on and I certainly wont change
    mel
    ps
    thanks mo and ralph
    Hey Mel,

You scored two points [[1. ...fine self and 2. using the titles of the songs!) Post those picture[[s). I love seeing 'back in the day'. I thank you for the welcome. While waiting for the photos, What Can I Do???

Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    pps
    please pass on my best wishes to Ray Monette
    thank you
    mel
    I think you just did!

Lorraine