Quote Originally Posted by gordy_hunk View Post
It's interesting that you both have been chatting about Manchester. At this time, I'll not go into too many details [[I think they're interesting, but others perhaps won't). I worked for a long time [[before I became a Police Officer) in Manchester at the University. After the tram system commenced, I used to try to use it all the time for work, but the tram was always full - so I decided the car was easier. The tram system is clean, efficient and punctual. The downside is that there aren't enough of them in the peak times [[one every 5 minutes or so).

Manchester is an amazing city - within a short distance you have so many facilities / sites to visit. The Commonwealth Games were held, and was an incredible success for the city. The rebuilding of the city after the IRA bomb was astonishing - and that event brought the whole city together in a way that nothing else ever has done.

Naturally I'm biased as the founder of computers was based at the University [[I'm far too young to remember him). If you ever have the opportunity to visit [[especially Marv) - please do. Although don't expect it to be like Coronation Street [[which I call Constipation Street) - it's a much more vibrant and inspirational city.
Gordy_hunk, I do plan to visit there one day [[and you leave my Coronation Street alone!LOL!). I really want to see the older neighborhoods. The ones that may still exist from 100 years ago or more. I am anxious to meet people from there and just talk. I was like this about Quebec City before I went there. I did not know about the IRA bombing, but I do remember many news reports about their activities back in the 70s.