Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
No disrespect to Otis at all, but it chapped me in the Temptations movie that he was the only member who had no warts. And then, at the end Melvin's mother pulled him to the side to tell him "Thank you, Otis. You have always been there for the boys." Of course, Good Guy Otis was a producer of the project but I don't suppose that had a bearing on how he was portayed...
Not only that but had his own mama [[who was ill) say "you're not only a success in music but as a man as well".

It's like:

1.) Didn't this same man not keep his original group together or at least the originals who made the group famous?
2.) Didn't he fire Richard Street after he got ill?
3.) Didn't he cheat on his only child's mother? [[I mean in the film, they showed his wife catching him holding hands and kissing Flo!)

Didn't help that he probably over exaggerated his issues with Eddie [[the film had Eddie being softer than he was; Otis even recounts that last time Eddie was with the Temptations, he and Otis were going to fight; Otis claimed Eddie knocked on the door like he was ready for it and Otis wouldn't leave his room because that would mean The Tempts would cancel their Copa gig that night and Eddie just left without saying a word and he was out of the group).

Also, how is he gonna okay producers saying David Ruffin was dropped by someone in a car and also as "unidentified"? I mean it wasn't that hard to recognize DAVID RUFFIN now!

Had Melvin dying in his mama's house as some "symbolic gesture" rather than where he really died at [[in L.A. at a hospital and he died from a SEIZURE).

Yeah I looked at him sideways after that. I think he contributed greatly to the Temptations as he helped them maintain their relevance in a changing music world even with revolving members but he didn't do his brothers justice in the film.