[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Well, I'm quite sure Mayfield would be very disappointed with 'howling with laughter' over a thread dedicated to this exquisite and personal LP. Listeners with greater intellect rate this one very highly. I could be mistaken, though, as most of the comments here are by posters I long ago blocked so I haven't read them. I'd be willing to bet they're childish, negative and unenlightened. Best of luck to you -
    In all respect,I will let you know where I stand with this album and your comments.As far as my laughter is concerned,I wasn't laughing at Curtis or the content of his album, but rather the way a few members expressed their honest opinions.Like many,I own nearly every solo album Curtis released and have an appreciation for his music and message.However,I'm not impressed by them all and "There's No Place..." happens to be one of them. The album was roundly knocked by the critics and largely ignored by fans except for "So In Love",which sold respectably as a single.I'm not going to go into a long history on how he tried to run Curtom and be an artist at the same time, but let's face it:with the exception of a few stellar soundtracks, after "Superfly" his best days were behind him.You can say what you want, but that's the reality of it. Anyone who cared to comment gave an honest personal evaluation of this album,you can't take a person's view point from them.You don't have to agree with what folks say or respond,but you can't tell them what to think.Have a great day and I hope you enjoy this particular work for many years to come.Best of luck to you-
    Last edited by Quinn; 07-12-2018 at 10:02 AM.