Quote Originally Posted by helga View Post
I go see Diana every opportunity I have, as long as it is within a few hours driving distance. More and more of our legends are leaving us or retiring, so to be able to still experience her in a live setting is a real blessing, regardless of whether or not the set list has changed. Many of the so-called super fans who love to catch her shows on a monthly basis and follow her from city to city, tend to be the loudest ones who complain about the show being the same. I always find that really odd. I think in some ways, these fans lose sight of reality.

As for the Hollywood Bowl, I wish I could attend but would have to fly to get there. For those who are attending, I wish them a wonderful evening. Diana always pulls out a couple of surprises for this show. Last year she entered on the swing that lowered from the ceiling. That was pretty cool! You don't get to see that at any of her other shows except at the Hollywood Bowl. Totally worth the ticket price!
I'd love to see the show as I'm an east-coaster and never been to the H'wd Bowl. I don't think there are 1,000 tickets still left based on my look at the website, but definitely tix in each section. Ella, Frank, Lena, Judy, Marlene, Josephine, and on-and-on all had the same complaint about 'same show' in their later years. I agree with you: don't like? Don't go. Next? Be well!