Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
I agree brad with a lot of what you said but Diana certainly wanted Flo out and the meeting was pretty much a formality.
Mary and Berry wanted Flo out as well. Flo found that out the hard way at the meeting. As any employer would say, there’s just so much you can take from an employee. Their non-comfority not only causes harm to the group, but undermines the authority of the entire organization. No one hated Flo. No one WANTED her gone. They wanted the behavior to go, and the only way was to lose the behavior. Mary told me Flo was hostile to Berry and things were hot and cold with Diana. If it’s true that Flo was taking prescription diet pills, they can definitely change and exaggerate moods. It may have contributed to Flo’s inability to cope in an acceptable manner. After the meeting, Flo wasn’t speaking to Diana or Mary or Berry and that certainly wasn’t going to go on too long.

Not or being privy to the whole inside story, it’s easy to say what ‘should have been done.’ Personally, I’d have given Flo a few months off, used Marlene Barrow or rented Cindy to see if maybe Flo could get it together. Removing a popular group member, I’m sure, was not Taken lightly. But Gordy seems to me like quite a little Hitler, drunk with power, and once his ego was challenged, there could be only one result. Plus, Diana looks to me like she was just hanging by a thread emotionally as well. The tension had to be relieved as the group might stand losing Flo, but not Diana.