[REMOVE ADS]

The Marvelettes The Complete Albums 2

Has anyone heard anything new on # 2 The Complete albums by the Marvelettes ? The last thing I heard was that the project was still on and to be released this year.

Didn't Harry Weinger refer to this during his appearance on the Craig Charles radio show, saying it would be later this year? Or did I imagine it?

Anyway. CANNOT WAIT for this. Vol 1 is such a wonderful set, and I can't wait to replace my duff old vinyl-rip everyday-listening copies of In Full Bloom and The Return of the Marvelettes. Just a pity that the proper reissue of the Pink Album is now too late for Gladys to see the excellent reviews it would no doubt have received.

its "the end of the year"
    see hipo releases update thread today[[3rd march)
    Last edited by tamla617; 03-03-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Oh bummer I was hoping it would be sooner. I want "In Full Bloom" on CD.

Has this release been shelved? Hip O have really dropped the ball on this release, sadly due to Gladys' passing the Marvelettes have had more publicity recently than they had in over 40 years. Not suggesting that Hip O should 'cash in', but it would have tied in.

This is so true! Gladys made the nightly news on all the networks; her passing, and they gave a brief history of the group. For many then searching for her/Marvelettes music, Vol. Two would have made a nice music find.
    Hip-O can't find its way to publicity on a clear day. You can bet "the end of the year" will definitely mean "early 2012".

Hip-O haven't dropped any ball! No company can schedule a release around an artists death unless they have a crystal ball! We are not party to what goes on that HW & co have no control over. Harry has told me that Vol 2 will be released later this year. In the current climate let's be thankful that anything vaulted or vintage is being released at all. We of course need to keep supporting all the companies who are issuing archived material not just Hip-O.

smark21 Guest
    Besides, Volume 2 will cover the albums released when Gladys was singing less leads and eventually left the group to be replaced by Ann Bogan. I am looking forward to this set, whenever it may come out.

Yes, the PINK album is one of Gladys' best!

Marvelettes albums Vol. 2 is in progress and should be OK for this fall. The decision awhile back to add a disc of unreleased tracks has made production time a bit longer - there are a lot of tapes - but I am sure it will be worth it. Sorry it has taken this long already!

Harry, the Marvelettes are always worth waiting for. It's going to be a dream come true. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hwume View Post
    Marvelettes albums Vol. 2 is in progress and should be OK for this fall. The decision awhile back to add a disc of unreleased tracks has made production time a bit longer - there are a lot of tapes - but I am sure it will be worth it. Sorry it has taken this long already!
    If there's an entire disc of unreleased tracks from the Marvelettes' later years, I will happily wait for this set. This should be a fantastic release!

Marvelous News!!!!!!..Paulo xxxxx

Talking

Well worth waiting for in my book. Guaranteed sale here!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    If there's an entire disc of unreleased tracks from the Marvelettes' later years, I will happily wait for this set. This should be a fantastic release!
    what Kenneth said!

Any word on Stevie Wonder 60's albums, or are they not on the agenda anymore?

I sure hope Wanda Rogers receives a copy. This should make her very proud. I bet she has a ball listening to all the unreleased tracks!

That would be beutiful. I DO hope Wanda is doing well now. She has every reason to be proud to be an icon of American musical history.AND, one of the most succesful lead singers of one of Motowns must succesful female groups [[along with GLADYS HORTON} of course. It is way beyond time that The Marvelettes receive their due. We have waited for Volume 2, and Harry has assured us, its on the way, with suprises. R.I.P. Gladys. Your place in musical history is assured, WE will take care of that!.....To Katherine, i would like to say, Your physical beauty is matched, only by your inner one. Good things happen to those who know. God Bless..Paulo xxxxx