[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Roger...

Ok Roger.....The Boy from Crosstown from the Marvelettes.

Now, are you happy that you made me squirm!

The Sophisticated Soul track "Your Love Can Save Me" was a rework of the Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell track "This Poor Heart of Mine" with slightly different lyrics. Or maybe the Marvelettes track was first...not sure.

And there was also the Marvelettes version of Barrett Strong's "Oh I Apologize" on the Please Mr. Postman album.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    And there was also the Marvelettes version of Barrett Strong's "Oh I Apologize" on the Please Mr. Postman album.
    Thanks, Kenneth. I have added "I Apologize" [[above).

Thanks also to theboyfromcrosstown and westgrandboulevard. Your contributions have been added, also!!!
    Last edited by longtimefan; 04-01-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    The Sophisticated Soul track "Your Love Can Save Me" was a rework of the Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell track "This Poor Heart of Mine" with slightly different lyrics. Or maybe the Marvelettes track was first...not sure.

The Marvelettes was first, I'm sure. You can tell by how the lyrics of the Marvelettes' version were a bit awkward, and the Marvin and Valerie version is much more polished and bright. Nick and Val reworked a number of their songs after they had been released, and then released the newer versions.

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    The Marvelettes was first, I'm sure. You can tell by how the lyrics of the Marvelettes' version were a bit awkward, and the Marvin and Valerie version is much more polished and bright. Nick and Val reworked a number of their songs after they had been released, and then released the newer versions.
    Marvelettes recorded 27/10/66. M&T recorded 18/3/69.