[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Love and Desire/ Ecstasy was one of the great double-sided records. I shall definitely be buying this one along with the Monitors, and hopefully will receive the Contours next week.

I agree with Grapevine on wanting to see releases on Eddie Holland and Shorty Long. Also there must still be plenty of unreleased stuff on Brenda Holloway.

And come on, Hip-O. Where's the Marvelettes Vol 2? I'm not going to live forever, you know.

John, I did mean Brenda, not Patrice. Since this thread is about Patrice's Anthology I replied that I "received my CD", meaning Patrice's, and then I listed all the other CDs I also got. Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly as I was giddy as a schoolkid with my new toys.

OK so I'm like Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Yes, I have purchased quite a bit lately but I have saved for these purchases. In addition to the music, I love the booklets with pictures and essays so that makes the purchases essential for me [[how do you like my rationalizations, so far?) I'm selling the albums that I have on CD and that take up so much damn space. So out with the old and in with the new.

tamla617, listening to these CDs will be a challenge. The stereo and HD TV are in the same room, my partner watches sports constantly so I rarely get to listen to my CDs. [[Thus the reasoning for my emerging Jekyll/Hyde personality.) I will have to start using my CD player in the bedroom or on my PC to attend to this lot.

Last week I tried listening to The Contours and Marv Johnson while doing housework but that didn't work so well. We have a washing machine that is so loud that I barely heard any music during the spin cycles. To make matters worse my wireless headphones broke about two weeks ago. Another purchase in my near future.