[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross - Aint No Mountain High Enough

Good morning! I just read on Wiki that you did backing vocals for "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"...wonderful!

BJ Brenda Joyce Evans-Johnson
    Yes, I did the soprano note. I loved that song. Billie Calvin and Valerie Simpson sang also. I can't remember if Michelle the other girl in our group was singing on this. She might have left around this time.

Hey boyfromxtown, I thought she did! Nice!!! Thanks for confirming, and thanks to Brenda. I believe you can hear Billie and Brenda in the stereo version of the song, more than the mono.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 09-04-2017 at 12:41 PM.

wow another one.

what does that bring the total "Supremes" count up to??

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    wow another one.

what does that bring the total "Supremes" count up to??
    Naughty Boogie, very naughty

Interesting to know. I always thought it a bit ironic that on the first 2 Diana Ross solo singles [[Reach Out and Touch, Ain't No Mountain High Enough) the backing vocals were more prominent than many of her singles with The Supremes!

Lol. Quite. And don't mess with a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Lol. Quite. And don't mess with a good thing!
    If messing with a song produces memorable records like this then i am more than happy for them to be messed with. It breathed new life into a great song. Loved it back then and love it even more now. Magnificent record especially the album version.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    If messing with a song produces memorable records like this then i am more than happy for them to be messed with. It breathed new life into a great song. Loved it back then and love it even more now. Magnificent record especially the album version.
    Absolutely. THAT'S how to do a re-make! Still time-stopping 47 years later!

I love the background vocals on ANMHE; just superb all around. I always thought I heard Valerie there in the mix -
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 09-07-2017 at 08:30 AM.