Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post

The way that I deal with it is to skip over what I DON'T want to read & simply read what I DO want to read. I never place anyone on ignore because it's always good to know what's going on & as my feelings about all of that doesn't run that deep, it doesn't offend me as much as it could.
I normally skip over these Supremes threads too.

The reason I have two posters on ignore isn't because I have an issue with them, it's just my way of navigating around their inflammatory posts. I have one on ignore because that person isn't worth my time, as they do nothing but take pot shots. The reason I have one other poster on ignore is because...well, let's just say that individual appears to have "issues" that I will no longer deal with.

A lot of these arguments could be avoided if people would simply stop taking shots at one another.
Unfortunately, some people can't control themselves. That'e why they are being ignored by me.

For them, I believe that they know that they'll be getting under the skin of someone by writing what they do & they know that the person is going to get mad & respond to it.
Well, for one individual I ignore, I think they have some kind of sick ego thing going on, and are intolerant of different opinions.

That's what I think all of this is about & if folks wouldn't let themselves get sucked into that game, it woud serve to do 2 things...

1. It would reduce a lot of the arguments as no one can argue without a willing partner. It would dilute their power.
2, It would leave them as the sole firestarter
It works that way in theory, but in the real world, bullies will continue no matter what. If no one responds to them, they feel like they have complete freedom to post the bile unchecked. Bullies must always be dealt with.

How ridiculous would it make a person look if they were writing inflamatory things & no one responded?
But, bullies don't care about how they look to others. And not responding to them is nothing more than a silent sign of approval to them to continue their attacks. And, the fact that they are being ignored tells them that people are paying attention to what they post. Why? It takes a conscious effort to not respond to a person. That ignore feature helps. No one knows if they are on ignore unless you tell them. Not even Ralph knows who is ignoring whom.

Having viewed all of this as an outsider looking in for several years, I always believed that most of the participants were truly getting off on these arguments. I honestly believe that at this point, these arguments have nothing to do with the groups & everything to do with the dislike for one another that some of these folks share.
Of course! There is always some level of mutual dislike that fuels the rancor.