[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes Larry, just done the same. By the sounds of it the vast majority are Sixties tracks [[barring the Lollipops, Paul Williams, Blinky, David Ruffin?). Particularly like the Fantastic Four's Keep On Tryin' Til You Find Love [[Dean-Weatherspoon by the sound of it), the Monitors' Doctor Love [[Sandra on lead) and, of course, the Originals' track [[Hank Dixon on lead), the JJ Barnes and the Joe Stubbs tracks.

It's brilliant to hear there was more from Paul Williams besides Feel Like Givin Up and Once You Had A Heart. Wonder if there's more?

Soulwally

Agree with your comments....would be nice to sweep up on Paul Williams tracks.
    Originals track good...knew you'd like that.
    100% Motown stuff here...a better set that I thought we could expect , if I'm being honest.

Monitors, Contours, Fantastic 4
    I thought David Ruffin was about "MWWE" or "Feelin' Good" period 69ish? could be wrong
    Loved the Miracles as it sound from about 67/8 , which I love with Smokey's stuff from that era.
    "I'd cry" by Chuck Jackson wasn't what I was hoping...alas.
    Can't wait for this CD

Tammi's track sounds AMAZING! The production doesn't sound typical of Fuqua/Bristol or any other Motown regulars to me, based upon the snippet. [[By the way, "Lone, Lonely Town" also sounds almost unique for Motown. Does anyone know its Producers & Writers??)

"Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight" seems to have a grandness very slightly akin to Brenda's "Every Little Bit Hurts". The Andantes again sound angelic! Strong, yet Tammi sounds in NO WAY overpowered or challenged. I think, like "All I DO...", this song will add yet another dimension of appreciation for those unaware of the greatness of her solo artistry.

I HAVE to also say that there are MANY cuts that I know are going to become favorites of mine real fast! Somebody's truly doing some things real, real right at Universal. BRAVO!

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 2055
Size:  21.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    Yes Larry, just done the same. By the sounds of it the vast majority are Sixties tracks [[barring the Lollipops, Paul Williams, Blinky, David Ruffin?). Particularly like the Fantastic Four's Keep On Tryin' Til You Find Love [[Dean-Weatherspoon by the sound of it), the Monitors' Doctor Love [[Sandra on lead) and, of course, the Originals' track [[Hank Dixon on lead), the JJ Barnes and the Joe Stubbs tracks.

It's brilliant to hear there was more from Paul Williams besides Feel Like Givin Up and Once You Had A Heart. Wonder if there's more?
    You think that The Lollipops is a '70s track? I had thought that their contract was NEVER Motown's alone, but was shared with Harry Balk [[just as the contract with The Volumes and Detroit Wheels). Balks tenure with Motown was just the latter half of 1968, and into Spring 1969. Although, The Lollipops moving to Gordy may show that Motown signed them after Balk left. The uneleased Lollipops recordings I saw and heard were recorded in 1969. I didn't see anything from the 1970s.